Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chain and Rhinestone, Wrapped Bracelet, DIY

Silver with a purple cord
Antiqued bronze chain with a black cord.

I love the look of two chains with a layer of rhinestone in the middle.
 I have made a couple different versions of this.
 Here is one of them.



Tutorial 
Things you need
  1. Cord (Wal-mart)
  2. Flat chain (Michaels)
  3. Large needle
  4. Two large jump rings (Michaels)
  5. One large clasp (Michaels)
  6. Rhinestone chain( Wal-mart)
  7. Pliers
  8. Glue
 
 

 Measure your chain
Mine measured 6 inches
 measure two pieces of chain
and one length of rhinestone
all three  about 6 inches
with your pliers add one of large jump rings onto one end.
Thread your needle,
~ you don't need to have a needle, it just makes it easier for me~
 to start:
 weave the cord through the second link of chain and tie a slip knot.
 it will look like this.


 I made this make shift hook to hang on a tall glass.
Gravity helps this go much easier.


Now, I start up through the back, down through the front wrapping the rhinestone with the cord.
Continue this all the way to the end: Stopping at the next to the last length of chain. 
I turn the bracelet around and tighten the cord with my needle from the back.. starting at the top and working my way down

Tie a knot at the back, secure with a drop of glue.


 the back looks like this.

with your pliers add your other jump ring and your large clasp.






and your finished!
Wear and enjoy.
Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Lots of <3,
Anne



6 comments:

  1. so awesome! thanks for sharing!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the main focus is on the bracelet, but I love the circle ring, so cute.

    P.S. Enter my awesome giveaway, win some bling!
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/2012/02/poshlocket-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DIY - love the result :)

    Sadie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Gotta try making one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you I just finished one and it came out absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for the great info!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Thank you so much!! I would love to see it.
      Have a great day.

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!